Re: Europa-List: EFIS thoughts

Subject: Re: Europa-List: EFIS thoughts
From: Europa List <n914va@bvunet.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 11:50:32
Hi Martin,

I have purchased the Grand Rapids Technology dual screen Efis  and EIS.
Unfortunately, I have not wired it all up yet. I'm severly challanged
when it comes to sparks. Their drawings and instructions are easy to
follow and they are extremely responsive if I call with a question. I'm
just having trouble withe the wiring of a second 40 amp alternator as my
primary source of power. I have the GPS built into the unit and though
not IFR certified, all who have used it love it. With two screens, there
is no limit as to how you can display attitude, engine and GPS info.
Since I bought the unit, they have added terrain, weather, and mode s
traffic. Anything that they add can be added to my set-up, but weather
and mode-s info is an additional cost (also when purchased new). You can
buy a single screen system and upgrade to dual screen later for the same
cost as buying dual screen initially. I can also add dual AHRS and
Magetometers if I want electronic redundancy. What really made the sale
for me was the brilliance of their screen, especially since their booth
at Sun n Fun faced the big open hanger doors. Some of the units yhat I
looked at were not as clear even thouht they were in a dark corner of
the booth. Here is a link to their web site. Check it out if you have
not already.

http://www.grtavionics.com/

Vaughn Teegarden
XS mono, 914 with Airmaster planned