Re: Europa-List: EFIS thoughts

Subject: Re: Europa-List: EFIS thoughts
From: D Wysong <hdwysong@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 13:49:44
Hello Keith,

Sounds like you're seeing a lack of terrain data (white, or red/white
checks).  BMA had issues around the US coastline, too, but the recent
terrain database (Feb 07) "fixes" the problem and it doesn't look as bad.
You might try a software update to see if the "fix" applies to the NZ
coastline, too.  I wouldn't bet on it... but it's worth a shot.

It shouldn't affect the operation of the unit at all, but it will certainly
be annoying seeing all of that checkerboarded terrain!  If the software
update doesn't change things, send notes to both Greg and Ross directly
(greg@ and ross@bluemountainavionics.com) to see if they can work the
problem.  They're busy, but it's uncommon for them not to respond at all.

Good luck!