Europa-List: Flap attachment procedure

Subject: Europa-List: Flap attachment procedure
From: Erich Trombley <erichdtrombley@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 03:12:29
Andrew,
I think you will find the following method of attaching the flap to wing
 to be much much easier than that described in the good book.  Fabricate
 the template as outlined in the book.  Using your previously made wing
cradles, position the wind in the vertical plane.  Now bond the template
 to the wing.  Per the book fabricate three spacers 3-5mm each.  Next si
mply place them in the flap closeout and then insert the flap.  Using a
small "C" clamp, temporarily clamp the center flap bracket FL2 to its re
spective W18.  I found that I did not need to place blobs of bondo betwe
en the close-out flanges and flap skin.  Now proceed with the remainder
of the procedure as outlined in the manual, however, you will want to ke
ep the wing in the vertical plane all the way through the remainder of t
he chapter, including setting the outriggers.  One advantage of keeping
the wing vertical is that it is very easy to sight down the wings to ver
ify the gap between the top skin of the wing and the top skin of the fla
p is uniform.  Hope the above helps you out.
Regards,

Erich Trombley
N28ET Classic Mono 914

Interested in getting caught up on today's news?
Click here to checkout USA TODAY Headlines.
http://track.juno.com/s/lc?s=198954&u=http://www.usatoday.com/news/f
ront.htm?csp=24

<P>I think you will find the following method of attaching the flap to w
ing to be much much easier than that described in the good book.&nbsp; F
abricate the template as outlined in the book.&nbsp; Using your previous
ly made wing cradles, position the wind in the vertical plane.&nbsp; Now
 bond the template to the wing.&nbsp; Per the book fabricate three space
rs 3-5mm each.&nbsp;&nbsp;Next simply place them&nbsp;in the flap closeo
ut and then insert the flap.&nbsp; Using a small "C" clamp, temporarily
clamp the center flap bracket FL2 to its respective W18.&nbsp; I found t
hat I did <U>not</U> need to place&nbsp;blobs of bondo between the close
-out flanges and flap skin.&nbsp; Now proceed with the remainder of the
procedure as outlined in the manual, however, you will want to keep the
wing in the vertical plane all the way through the remainder of the chap
ter, including setting the outriggers.&nbsp; One advantage of keeping th
e wing vertical is that it is very easy to sight down the wings to verif
y the gap between the top skin of the wing and the top skin of the flap
is uniform.&nbsp; Hope the above helps you out.</P>
<P>Regards,<BR><BR>Erich Trombley<BR>N28ET Classic Mono 914</P>
.com/news/front.htm?csp=24">Interested in getting caught up on today's
 news?<br>