RE: Europa-List: RE: Life is so unfair!

Subject: RE: Europa-List: RE: Life is so unfair!
From: jim lawn <jimlawnn@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 19:41:38

Hi Allen

Check your filler connection where the rubber hose is clamped onto the tank
boss - mine collapsed inward  - of course it only leaks when you are filling
or when the tank is filled above this level . It is most unlikely for the
tank to split or develope some other leak

regards Jim Lawn 364

>From: "Alan Burrows" <alan@kestrel-insurance.com>
>To: <europa-list@matronics.com>
>Subject: Europa-List: RE: Life is so unfair!
>Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 23:29:01 -0000
>
><alan@kestrel-insurance.com>
>
>Who says life is meant to be fair..!
>After four months of fighting bureaucracy I finally get my aircraft
>airborne
>and manage exactly four days of fun flying here in Florida. This morning I
>go out to the hanger to pre flight and find the floor is full of fuel. It's
>leaking out of the bottom of the aircraft at a fairly fast rate. Having
>removed all the inspection covers both inside and outside I cannot detect
>the source of the leak. I can see fuel dripping out from somewhere towards
>the back of the tank, but not the actual leak. I have checked all the
>places
>where fuel is meant to leave i.e. all the fittings and all look good and
>dry. I can therefore only assume that the tank has split somewhere.
>My question is
>1. Has anyone else experienced a split fuel tank
>2. How feasible would it be to have a bladder made to fit inside the tank
>rather than cut the old one out and replace it.
>All help and advice welcome (other than take up sailing instead).
>Many Thanks
>
>Alan
>N134AB tri-gear 914 airmaster prop.
>
>--
>15:34

Solve the Conspiracy and win fantastic prizes.
http://www.theconspiracygame.co.uk/