Europa-List: Re. mono gear collapse

Subject: Europa-List: Re. mono gear collapse
From: Kingsley Hurst <hurstkr@redzone.com.au>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 21:13:01
Fellow Europaphiles (Mono believers only)

I think I made the list aware of this some time back but just in case I
didn't . . .

Take a look at the attached photos which are self explanatory and note
the packing which was necessary on one of the stops.

Of three undercarriage frames I have checked, all have had this problem.
 I therefore suspect that YOURS might be like it too.

IOW, one stop is shorter than the other and when the LG08's are pinned
to the shaft, although they both touch their respective stops at the
same time, they (the LG08's) are not in the same plane.  One is more
over-centre than the other.  I'll leave it as an exercise to work out
what this could cause!

Cheers
Kingsley in Oz