Re: Europa-List: Re. mono gear collapse

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re. mono gear collapse
From: Graham Singleton <grahamsingleton@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 10:49:20

David
My conclusions are the same.
The snap effect on the overcentre is dependant on the amount of
overcentre, IOW if there is no overcentre there will be no tendency for
it to flick undercentre when the load comes off the gear, the more the
O'centre the more the tendancy to flick under.
I think the strut reinforcement is almost essential too, it reduces the
flexibility of the locking mechanism.

Graham

--
Graham Singleton