Re: Europa-List: Cooling diffuser

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Cooling diffuser
From: Gilles Thesee <Gilles.Thesee@acgrenoble.fr>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 23:56:52

Salut Rmi,

> But I am just curious to know how it performs ON THE GROUND. Do you
> have any measurement available such as CHT vs time from a cold start,
> at a given OAT, with the engine running at high idle, in no wind
> condition? Do you get a CHT stabilization ?

Thanks for the kind words.
No problem on the ground.
During first run ups we ran the engine as long as 30 minutes continuous
with several full power runs then fast idle periods.
I did not take special measurements on the ground, only monitoring CHT
during warm up, taxi, etc...The aircraft was test flown from - 14C to +
37C OAT.
I can do take the measurements you require when flying with a helpful
passenger, but since we're in autumn, you'll have to wait until summer
for hot day conditions.

Best regards,
Gilles
http://contrails.free.fr