Europa-List: Cooling diffuser

Subject: Europa-List: Cooling diffuser
From: Rémi Guerner <air.guerner@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 22:31:57

Bonjour Gilles,
Your web site is full of very interesting experiments and test results I always
enjoy reading.
Regarding engine cooling, it seems everybody agrees that the design of the
cowling
of the Europa XS is far from optimum and MCRs, especially yours, are a lot
better regarding cooling drag and efficiency in flight . But I am just curious
to know how it performs ON THE GROUND. Do you have any measurement available
such as CHT vs time from a cold start, at a given OAT, with the engine running
at high idle, in no wind condition? Do you get a CHT stabilization ?

Remi Guerner
Europa F-PGKL