Europa-List: Outrigger Pivot Bearing Mod

Subject: Europa-List: Outrigger Pivot Bearing Mod
From: Rémi Guerner <air.guerner@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 19:23:28
Hi Nigel,

I am thinking at doing the same mod to the control stick pivots, as the play in
those pivots is becoming unacceptable.
What do you think of that? Any body has done it?

Regards

Remi Guerner

F-PGKL, XS S/N395 monowheel,  912S,  Airmaster, 436 hours

As the designer of this mod I have a few timely comments.

First of all we are looking at updating this mod. The reason is that
even using 4130 steel tube for the inner tubing it has a tendency to
distort crating drag on the outer tube and causing the pivot to revert
to the original arrangement. The future version will use an AN5 bolt
instead of the AN4 bolt and inner tube. The bolt will be prevented from
rotating by locating the head in a V shaped recess in a plate riveted on
the outside of the side plate. An AN5 castellation nut will be used to
retain the bolt. For UK builders the original prototype version of this