Europa-List: Aeropoxy information

Subject: Europa-List: Aeropoxy information
From: rparigor@suffolk.lib.ny.us
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 20:05:07

Figured I would share some info I just got from Scott @ Aeropoxy.

I am ready to bond in place my rollbar/shoulder harness attachment, and
would like fill the corner gap with flox to provide a nice routing for
subsequent UNI layup final bond in place.

Anyway would like to do it the same night, and the flox fillet needs to be
firm before final layup.

Scott confirmed I could do a flox fillet with 30 minute cure mix, let it
set, then do final layup on still tacky 30 minute cure mix with a 2 hour
cure mix.

You can wet layup, or tacky layup any combination of 30, 60 or 120 minute
mixes.

You can also mix different hardeners together, like if 30 minute may have
a little too high chance of endotherm, and you are in a rush and 60 minute
is a bit too long, you can blend a 45 minute cure.

30 minute is very red, does not seem to amine blush anywhere near as easy
as 60 minute, works better in low temperature. Cures better in thin
applications.

Downside is you need to be careful of endotherm event, especial when
thick, I would not swear to this, but it seems that it does not allow a
flox mix to spread quite as easy as 60 minute, since it is colored
reddish, don't use red marker on visqueen.

Ron Parigoris