RE: Europa-List: FW: IMPORTANT! - Release of MANDATORY Rotax ALERT SERVI

Subject: RE: Europa-List: FW: IMPORTANT! - Release of MANDATORY Rotax ALERT SERVICE
From: Karl Heindl <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 22:27:35

Many thanks, Richard. It sounds easy enough to do. I am seeing the Rotax
agent next week anyway, and he can show me what to do. I don't see any
reference to this in the maintenance manual, though.

Best regards  Karl

>From: "Richard Iddon" <riddon@sent.com>
>To: <europa-list@matronics.com>
>Subject: RE: Europa-List: FW: IMPORTANT! - Release of MANDATORY Rotax ALERT
>SERVICE BULLETIN For 912 &  914 Engines
>Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 20:20:05 +0100
>

>Karl.
>
>My understanding is:-
>
>1). Click on the relevant bulletin below or cut and paste the URL into
>internet explorer, ASB-912-051 or ASB-914-034 (the UL are for
>ultralights), This will load the full bulletin from Rotax provided you
>are on line.
>2). Check if the bulletin is relevant for your engine. (my engine number
>is before that listed in the 912 section). If your engine is not one
>listed then ignore the bulletin.  If it is, then
>3). Unscrew the magnetic plug with a torx 40 driver and check for
>particles. If there are a lot of bits stuck to the plug, as in the
>picture, then the engine has to be checked before being used again.
>
>I personally check the plug at every oil change and have found virtually
>no particles.
>
>Hope this helps.
>
>Richard Iddon G-RIXS

Download the new Windows Live Toolbar, including Desktop search!
http://toolbar.live.com/?mkt=en-gb