RE: Europa-List: FW: IMPORTANT! - Release of MANDATORY Rotax ALERT SERVI

Subject: RE: Europa-List: FW: IMPORTANT! - Release of MANDATORY Rotax ALERT SERVICE
From: Richard Iddon <riddon@sent.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 20:20:05

Karl.

My understanding is:-

1). Click on the relevant bulletin below or cut and paste the URL into
internet explorer, ASB-912-051 or ASB-914-034 (the UL are for
ultralights), This will load the full bulletin from Rotax provided you
are on line.
2). Check if the bulletin is relevant for your engine. (my engine number
is before that listed in the 912 section). If your engine is not one
listed then ignore the bulletin.  If it is, then
3). Unscrew the magnetic plug with a torx 40 driver and check for
particles. If there are a lot of bits stuck to the plug, as in the
picture, then the engine has to be checked before being used again.

I personally check the plug at every oil change and have found virtually
no particles.

Hope this helps.

Richard Iddon G-RIXS