RE: Europa-List: N40SH (A143) Flies

Subject: RE: Europa-List: N40SH (A143) Flies
From: Simon Smith <jodel@nildram.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 17:55:56
Firstly congratulations on your first flight.

The pump filter layout has changed over the last few years and the
latest
version is at
http://www.europa-aircraft.biz/pdfs/xs914%20may%2006.vp.pdf
pages 5-3 and 5-4.  What might not be obvious from these diagrams is
that
the system favors using the filter on the inlet to pump 1 even if both
pumps
are in use.  The second filter then acts as a back up should the first
become blocked.  During my flight test period (strongly recommended by
Nev )
I swapped out/cleaned the filters after every flight.  After 5 hrs I now
see
a little bit of crud in filter 1 after each flight and none in #2. I
will
continue until both run clean.

Have fun!

Simon