RE: Europa-List: Parts for Bing Carbs

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Parts for Bing Carbs
From: peter.rees01@tiscali.co.uk
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 14:28:38

We changed ours about 6 months ago - I read an article about how someones
split due to ageing - the split put the carbs way out of balance and it could
have got pretty nasty. Lockwood in the US recommend (from memory) and absolute
maximum service life of 5 years.

I looked around because, as you say, they're really expensive over here -
you can get them cheaper in the US but you can't buy directly as Rotax limit
where dealers are allowed to send good. By the time they've been posted to
a friendly rotax user in the US and then posted on with the risk of the tax
man putting his hand out on the way into the country, it just wasn't worth
it - we just paid skydrive the silly amount of money (about 45gbp each plus
the vat mans share) and they were here next day - really didn't seem worth
lots of effort to save 20 or so.

Peter

Tiscali Broadband from 14.99 with free setup!