Re: Europa-List: Parts for Bing Carbs

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Parts for Bing Carbs
From: Peter Rees <peter.rees01@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 22:45:21

You may think they're expensive but be warned.......

The Rotax 'official' oil and water hose are each about 17 per metre - I
thought this was a ridiculous price when we changed all of the hoses on
G-MFHI.

However....... I recently changed the water hoses on my Kit Car (can't get
enough fibreglass!) using hose from the local motor factor. About 10 hours
later, I arrived home and as I was putting the car into the garage, one of
the new hoses split clean open for about 2 inches along its length dumping
all of the coolant onto the floor!!! (imagine if this was your Rotax!!!!)

I guess the message here is - if you buy Rotax parts, you've a much better
idea that the parts you're buying have come though a prescriptive inspection
and test process - if you nip to the motor factors for your parts and there
is problem, the insurance company may well ask a few awkward questions.

Peter