Re: Europa-List: Parts for Bing Carbs

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Parts for Bing Carbs
From: Peter Rees <peter.rees01@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 22:57:28

Hi Duncan

The lockwood article was pretty strong in its recommendation to change them
at 5 year intervals - especially the older types (like the ones we had)
which don't have the sleeve over the tightening screw to prevent you from
over tightening it. If you do this, it weakens the wall - If this cracks,
you could loose all power from one side of the engine while the other side
is generating full power - sounds like a good way to rip the engine from the
mount and subsequent total loss of control - therefore sounded like 100
well spent as our engine is about 8 years + old and sat most of that time in
unused.

Changing all rubber parts - carb sockets, oil hoses, water hoses and fuel
hoses cost us about 250 - do that every 5 years and you're looking at 1 a
week.

exclusive distribution rights in the UK which can only be good news (except
for skydrive!).