Europa-List: top of cooling duct 914

Subject: Europa-List: top of cooling duct 914
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 13:23:30

Cheers,
            I am looking at a square cutting on three sides with the usual
crack control drill hole at each end. This +/-2inch cutting carries no
infromation in the manual that I can find - but perhaps I've missed the
reference.
            It would appear to permit access to the turbo control area
further back OR provide cooling air to a certain facility.
            If you know of its purpose, or have divined same from superior
research - and are able to take a moment to explain - I would appreciate the
knowledge, as am about to finalise the fitting of the engine and its
accessories.
Much obliged in advance,
Ferg Kyle
Europa A064 914 Classic