RE: Europa-List: top of cooling duct 914

Subject: RE: Europa-List: top of cooling duct 914
From: Simon Smith <jodel@nildram.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 20:13:27

Ferg,

If you are refering to the bendable flap about 6" down the cooling duct and
on the lefthand side (looking rearwards), It should be bent down into the
airflow to direct air up and around the turbocharger.

The pictures on page 4-4 of the 914 manual(
http://www.europa-aircraft.biz/pdfs/xs914%20may%2006.vp.pdf ) actually show
a 912s hence the lack of the flap.  If you look VERY carefully at the
pictures on 4-6 & 4-7 you can just see the flap.

Cheers

Simon