RE: Europa-List: fuel sender location

Subject: RE: Europa-List: fuel sender location
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 19:45:38

Hi! Simon and (Glen "needs a heads up")
I have to say that your message below is "right on the money". You "took
the words out of my mouth!"
 The unfortunate fact though is that since the reserve is the filler
side and also is therefore guaranteed to be filled every fill up so the
remainder of the fuel entered will spill over the saddle into the main
side always ensuring the reserve to have been topped up, it is also the
most likely side to have the most crap contamination being put in and if
the reserve side filters become overwhelmed they won't any longer be a
reserve!
If it were possible to ensure that the port side was automatically
filled every fill up and the bulk filling be put into the starboard side
then it would be most likely that the Starboard side would contain the
crap and the port side would be the most sure source as a reserve.
Regards and Merry Christmas and Happy New year to all.

Bob Harrison G-PTAG Europa MKI/Jabiru 3300