Europa-List: fuel sender location

Subject: Europa-List: fuel sender location
From: GLENN CROWDER <gcrowder2@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 08:58:25

  I installed my fuel tank probe on the starboard (passenger) side of the
fuel tank a long time
ago.  It seems to work fine there.  But in the Europa Mod instructions, it
says to mount it
on the port side.  I don't understand the reasoning for that.  The way mine
is mounted, it
just reads fuel level on the starboard side (the side the fuel filler hose
comes in on) until it
reads empty, then I still have the 2 gal reserve on the pilot side.  Is
there a problem with this?
  Also, on my sight gage, I have it marked for every 2 gal and always check
it before flight
but during flight, it always displays 2-3 gal less even right after takeoff.
  Very  unnerving!
I have the upper end of the sight gage teed into a fuel return line from the
engine which
enters the tank along with the fuel filler hose.  Would the fuel pressure in
the fuel return
line be forcing the fuel level down in the sight gage?

                                            Glenn