RE: Europa-List: fuel sender location

Subject: RE: Europa-List: fuel sender location
From: Terry Seaver terrys <terrys@cisco.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 14:03:15

It would take several minutes to flush 'main' side fuel out of the
system before being able to verify the reserve side is indeed good, with
the coolant heating up in the meantime due to poor ground cooling
(especially at run-up power).  The fuel flow would be lower than in
flight, and the deck angle different, making the test less consistent
with flight conditions.  Running the engine for 10-20 minutes in flight
might also tend to bring more contaminants or water (if any) into the
filter or gascolator than a short run during run-up.

Regards,
Terry