Re: Europa-List: fuel sender location

Subject: Re: Europa-List: fuel sender location
From: Cliff Shaw <flyinggpa@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 08:56:16

Glenn

Your gauge reading 2 low is the same on my installation.  I found the reading
returned
to correct when I switch the fuel selector to the reserve side of the
tank.  I reasoned that the fuel flow through the "T" was causing a reduction in
the pressure in the fuel line and lowered the fuel level in the sight tube and
also in my gauge.

FUY  I rely on fuel flow and fuel remaining from my engine monitor to help gauge
the tanks fuel remaining. Flight time is another very important factor to help
me know my fuel reserve.

Here in the "upper left-hand corner" of the USA the weather is very bad of tank
condensation, so try to keep it full. The helps a lot with the "warm fussy
feeling"
that I have lots of gas.  I seldom fly more that 3 hours at full throttle.

Cliff Shaw
1041 Euclid ave.
Edmonds, WA 98020
425 776 5555