RE: Europa-List: FW: [u.r.a.s] Re: Kemble

Subject: RE: Europa-List: FW: [u.r.a.s] Re: Kemble
From: Kurt A. Schumacher <Kurt.Schumacher@schumi.ch>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 18:57:26

All,

Beyond the lines: Beside the local Kemble issues - politics all around Europe -
the EAS (Experimental Aviation of Switzerland) is
not very happy the PFA silently took over the same weekend slot - harmonized
between
the European homebuilder community, including
the IEV (Austria), RSA (France) and OUV (Germany) for years.

Left a message early December to David Wise (schedule collector for the u.r.a.s
publications - thank you David, very useful for the
community!), we received the following message:

---
Dear Kurt,

Dave Wise has passed on to me the e.mail you sent to him about you Fly-In in
Switzerland.
This was the only date that I could get
for our rally at this late point in the year due to other considerations of the
airfield we are using.  It is obviously too late in
the year to find a new airfield for our 2006 rally.  I do not know yet what we
are going to do next year (2007) as we have to make a
success of 2006 before that decision is taken.  We have had 2 years of very poor
weather and heavy losses to make up so the PFA
committee were not sure how to proceed and I managed to persuade them that we do
need a rally and this is how it turned out.  Lets
keep in touch for the future and I will try to avoid your event.

Regards Cliff Mort
PFA Rally Chairman.
---

In the recent years - weather permitting - the Swiss EAS Fly-In was well visited
by aircraft from all around Europe (including a lot
of Europas!) and I tend to say every year a success for the visitors.

Covering certain high risks with such international events here at the nice
places
in Switzerland (e.g. meteo - like last year in
Raron!), the EAS has to face pressures for a success (read: no major losses over
the years - not even speaking all the frustration
welcoming just some hand full of aircraft - well, most from the U.K. and Eire),
too.

Understand the local issues in Kemble, but I'm still very disappointed about
sharing
the same weekend, as it's raising the risk for
both country organizations.

Seasonal wishes,

-Kurt.
EAS Webmaster