Re: Europa-List: Fuel sender etc.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Fuel sender etc.
From: GLENN CROWDER <gcrowder2@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 11:22:12

  You guys be real careful about getting out any residual nylon "swarf" that
falls
into the tank as a result of cutting the hole.  I thought I would be real
clever
when I did this and made a long skinny and curved nozzle for my vaccuum
cleaner to clean the tank but turns out that static electricity causes the
swarf to adhere to the corners of the tank (top and bottom).
  If you get the Canard Aviators list, you would find several engine outs on
takeoff have been caused by this exact situation on VariEZ's and LongEZ's.
  I taxi tested for an hour after making this mod and changed my fuel
filters and was shocked to find all these bits of nylon in the filters and
gascolator!
                                           Glenn