Re: Europa-List: wheel landings [was: Flying a heavy Europa XS?]

Subject: Re: Europa-List: wheel landings [was: Flying a heavy Europa XS?]
From: Cliff Shaw <flyinggpa@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 14:16:29

Dave

Kim Prout put me on to a slick way to add weight to the Europa tail.  He showed
me a short section of pipe of brass rod that was sized just right. He pulled
off his TPs and slipped this weighted pipe inside the tube that the TPs mount
on.

I did this with an alum pipe filled with melted tire weights.  I made two 5.5 lb
pipes and moved my CG one inch aft.  I am now fly this way and think that it
is easier to land.

Cliff Shaw
1041 Euclid ave.
Edmonds, WA 98020
425 776 5555
http://www.europaowners.org/WileE

  The next question would be, has anyone come up with a safe, secure and
  simple method of adding weight in the tail.

  Dave A061