Re: Europa-List: 914 throttle stops

Subject: Re: Europa-List: 914 throttle stops
From: Mike Parkin <mikenjulie.parkin@btopenworld.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 18:14:20

I don't have any photos, but I will try and explain what I did.

After making the glass fibre throttle housing, I fitted 2 anchor nuts in the
front and rear faces of  the throttle housing.  Arrange the anchor nuts so
that when the screws are fitted in the anchor nuts they act as adjustable
stops for the fully forward (115%) and fully aft (idle (0%)).  When the
throttle assembly is installed the stops can be adjusted with a screwdriver
through the throttle lever stop.
The max cont (100%) position was facilitated by a gate in the top plate of
the throttle assembly.  The trick is, use the 100% gate as the set-up
datum - set 100% by adjusting the outer of the throttle cable, then use your
built in stops to set the 115% and 0% position.
Hope you get the idea.

regards,

Mike