Europa-List: mounting base for finger brake cylinder

Subject: Europa-List: mounting base for finger brake cylinder
From: Bruce <bruce@justbruce.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 10:30:55

Greetings,

I have a Jamar US2002X dual brake cylinder that I believe is quite similar
if not identical to the hand brake Europa currently utilizes for Tri-Gears.

I need to fabricate a mounting shelf for that brake cylinder and since I
have a cut-down tunnel, I can't utilize the Europa Mod 65 which includes a
molded mounting base for the brake cylinder.  I looked at the un-dimensioned
photos in the Mod 65 instructions and am guessing that the mounting base for
the brake cylinder is located approximately 4.5 to 5 inches (11 to 13 CM)
below the top of the tunnel.

Can anyone verify this dimension for me?

Does anyone wish that this distance was higher or lower?

I did a quick search of the list archives and found entries that suggest the
handles should be fabricated to be 7.5 inches in length measured from the
pivot hole to the center of the knob.   Thickness of aluminum ranged from
1/8 to 3/16 inch.  Does anyone have any comments or suggestions on what has
worked well for them?

Thanks,
Bruce
XS142 Conventional Gear