Re: Europa-List: Monowheel Upstop?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Monowheel Upstop?
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 10:45:58

Ron, You also could give some thought to the possibility that one day you
might land with gear up, and if wiring isn't off to the side or protected by
a fairly solid stop it is liable to be destroyed! As to the effect of
turbulence I think the more serious possibility is that inertial forces
pulling down on the U/C mass will open up the angle between that and the
gear lever, and you will then find great difficulty in getting the U/C down
and locked - Happened to me flying through some rotor over Welsh mountains
on a windy day. The Europa Mod putting a strut across that angle goes some
way to address that possibility. Regards, David