Re: Europa-List: Monowheel Upstop?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Monowheel Upstop?
From: Kevin And Ann Klinefelter <kevann@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 13:05:02

Hi Ron,

Somebody came up with a good up stop design that involves installing a
couple of tufnol blocks to the swing arm so that they hit the shock
absorber bottom plate in the up position.

Was that Steve Hager?

Anyway I insalled 3/4 inch blocks of tufnol by ruduxing them between the
inside of the swing arm and the LG02A. Seems to make for a very solid up
stop, though I'm not sure what would happen in a gear up landing.

With the wheel off and the swing arm up weasure the space between the
swing arm and the LG07. The blocks, one on each side of the LG02A need
to be exactly the right hight to stop the swing arm where you want it,
flush with the fuse bottom. Its pretty easy to make a couple blocks and
test it out, see what you think.

Kevin