Re: Europa-List: Through the firewall

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Through the firewall
From: Mike Gamble <mp.gamble@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 21:37:52

Thanks for the ideas gentlemen.

It's interesting to see that others have routed -
    -through the s/steel panel using some sort of protective gland or AN
fitting.
    -above the top tube of the u/c frame
    -through the wheelwell roof and the firewall using rt angle AN fittings
    -inside the ciockpit area, penetrating the firewall via the footwell
using AN fittings
    -inside the cockpit area, into the wheelwell, along the roof and through
the firewall

I have the rubber fuel lines running along the top of the wheelwell as far
as the u/c frame and would really like to go forward above the top tube but
there is not enough clearance for this without cutting into the firewall
bottom surface. I don't see anything wrong with this if I make good on the
top surface with a couple of layers of bid.
 So that looks like the way to go.

Mike
XS 440 mono
(rubber fuel lines throughout)