Europa-List: Through the Firewall

Subject: Europa-List: Through the Firewall
From: Erich Trombley <erichdtrombley@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 18:18:20

There is no need to go through the firewall for your fuel lines.  I ran my fuel
lines from within the tunnel up through the gap between the engine mount (where
the bungee is attached to) and top of the tunnel.  You can go on either side
of the bungee depending on your routing.  I used the Port side.  The advantage
of this approach is that there is obviously no firewall penetration and the
fuel line can be one continuous piece.  When sealing the top of the engine mount
with the standard SS firewall simply cut out a notch to go around the fuel
lines and seal with high temp silicone.  Works great and allows for easy removal
of the firewall without disturbing the fuel lines.
Erich Trombley
N28ET Classic Mono 914