RE: Europa-List: Lubrication & Stall Strips

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Lubrication & Stall Strips
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 21:23:28

Hi! Jim
The stall strips are a life saver I've proved it! AND an invaluable
warning device simply fitted but you need to establish the actual stall
figures at a recoverable altitude first then use the template from the
manual to initially locate them then do some flying high to test whether
they need adjustment. They give an unmistakeable shudder at the stall.
Relocating them needs only a millimetre at a time and on final fixing I
have used some very durable clear adhesive tape.
My torque tube bearings are lubricated by grease nipples and whatever is
in the gun that day ! Remember to wipe out excess though otherwise it
getsb a free ride for ever !
I also have installed aerosol tubes to all four bearing points of the
pitch control tibes under the seat and use a clear food machinery lube.
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG Europa MKI/Jabiru 3300