Re: Europa-List: Lubrication & Stall Strips

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Lubrication & Stall Strips
From: N55XS <topglock@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 13:12:18

Jim Butcher wrote:

>Getting ready for first flight I find references in the Owners Manual to
>lubrication,
particularly the tailplane torque tubes and drive pins and the door latches.
What lubricants have others used on these items?

>Also the Owners Manual states that stall strips are mandatory.  Is this an old
reference to the Classic and not required on the XS?

>Thanks
>
>Jim Butcher A185 N241BW
>almost to airport

Jim,

For lube, I use a very thin application of high temp, lithium based
grease.  Works fine.  As for the stall strips, they are mandatory on the
XS, however, you might want to test your bird, before adding them...

--
Jeff - N55XS
Planning first flight