Re: Europa-List: Mod 70

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Mod 70
From: Fred Fillinger <n3eu@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 14:34:33

"R.C.Harrison" <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
> I understand that the part that broke ( Having been previously under
> extraneous circumstances!) was actually the adjuster screw thread,

I think I'm beginning to understand.  There is considerable inertia in
the counterweight, and a few good whacks to the tail in occasional
hard landings would put the lower arm components in compression once
too often, stripping threads?  The rebound may not help either.  I
know this is amateur engineering, but perhaps the trigear doesn't
suffer as badly in ungraceful handling, because the force exerted on
the counterweight will be less abrupt.  Hope so.

Reg,
Fred F.