Re: Europa-List: Gascolator access hatch

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Gascolator access hatch
From: Tim Weert <tim.weert@hccnet.nl>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 19:53:22

> As a matter of interest is there a nice hole in the
> firewall to get access behind the panel ? And if so what
> are its construction details and size ?

The access door for the gascolator is fitted behind the cockpit module close
to the fuelpumps. That's left from the batery compartment. (At the other
side below a wooden panel fitted with 4 bolts. If you're interested , I can
sent you a few pictures via email of the construction in PH-JAI (G-KITZ).
It's relative easy to reach just below the port flap. It's NOT in the
firewall. Making doors into the firewall will reduce the time it's able to
fight a engine fire, so it may be better to leave it as it is.

The acces door is the same sise (diam. 130 mm.) as the doors fitted to check
engine oil and coolant.

Regards, Tim.
Heerhugowaard,
PH-JAI