Europa-List: Gascolator access hatch

Subject: Europa-List: Gascolator access hatch
From: Brian Hutchinson <hutch@hangarbout.fsnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 08:59:37

Hi all,
  I plan to install an Andair gascolator somewhere under the rear baggage bay.
I don't fancy the conventional Europa type access hatch with 4 screws to undo
every time I need to check the filter bowl.  It appears to me that any hatch
would
need to be a fair size, big enough to comfortably get your fingers in to
release the safety clip and locking pin.
 Does anyone know if the PFA would accept a 'quick release' hinged panel in this
area of the structure, something similar (but bigger) to the dipstick access
hatch on the cowling?  Has anyone already got an approved Mod they would be
prepared
to share?

Brian Hutchinson
Lincolnshire
357 mono 912s Airmaster
No forecast finish date yet, but I think I'm now in the last 5 years!