Re: Europa-List: Gascolator access hatch

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Gascolator access hatch
From: Tim Weert <tim.weert@hccnet.nl>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 13:53:21

Hi Brian,

I bought G-KITZ from Redman Nichols. She's equipped with a gascolator. The
plane has a quick access door below the gascolator fitted under the port
hatch. It's easy to open the accessdoor from the port side below the port
flap to drain the bowl. Around the accesdoor, fitted in the bottom of the
fuselage a 1,5 cm high strip from glass and epoxy is glued around the window
to avoid certain rest fuel drops could flow in the fuselage after draining.
This airplane was approved by your UK-PFA organisation. I am sure Europa
2004 will be able to give you the data you need because Andy flew her many
hours.

Regards,
Tim.

Heerhugowaard,