Re: Europa-List: Flap drive and GE12E bearing

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Flap drive and GE12E bearing
From: John Cliff <mx@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 09:09:02

> Dear All
> Has anyone had a problem with rigging their aircraft and the GE12E bearing?
> I have been getting ready for final assembly and found that 1) my bearings
have seized and 2) without the flaps the wings plug in easily, with the flaps it
is a pig.
> Have I done something wrong or is there a fix that others have come up with.
> Thanks in anticipation.
> Steve Pitt #403 Tri gear XS

Yes, I found that one of my flap drive pins was badly shaped, oversize round the
circumference of the hemispherical end  -  that wing was a brute to get on and
off.  I bought a new pin and bearing to help localise the problem.  In the end,
minor grinding with a stone wheel in the dremel round the 'ridge line' fixed it.

John Cliff