RE: Europa-List: Flap drive and GE12E bearing

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Flap drive and GE12E bearing
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 23:29:53

Hi! Steve.
Make sure the Rose Bearings in the flap drive tube ends are well oiled
and that the centre bearings are free and central to receive the drive
pin on the flaps every time prior to pushing the wing home. (Also make
sure the drive pins are well greased.) When the wing is removed at the
point of departure from the bearing they will be slightly out of line
making the bearing stick in to the stressed position and you are trying
to drive the two together whilst this out of alignment is present.
I have made some tapered guide tubes within the flap inboard closeouts
which facilitate self rigging but I still have to ensure the bearings
are central and loose.
Regards
Bob Harrison.G-PTAG