Re: Europa-List: Flap drive and GE12E bearing

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Flap drive and GE12E bearing
From: N55XS <topglock@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 17:27:38

Steven Pitt wrote:

>Dear All
>Has anyone had a problem with rigging their aircraft and the GE12E bearing?
>I have been getting ready for final assembly and found that 1) my bearings have
seized and 2) without the flaps the wings plug in easily, with the flaps it
is a pig.
>Have I done something wrong or is there a fix that others have come up with.
>Thanks in anticipation.
>Steve Pitt #403 Tri gear XS

Steve,

Your bearings are probably just stuck.  Mine were the same way.  I
sprayed a little oil on them and inserted a bar and wiggled them around,
until they loosened up.  Just don't get to agressive with the "wiggling"...

--
Jeff - A055
Finishing the panel and waiting on the painter...