RE: Europa-List: IFR redundancy, was 2nd battery

Subject: RE: Europa-List: IFR redundancy, was 2nd battery
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 09:03:20
Received-SPF: none

>> Back to the habit of building a reliably experimental: I guess that
having
2 generators with 2 regulators and 2 batteries, and an essential bus
switcheable between them is not a bad idea. It is not really redundant
either, because the Rotax standard generator is a bit on the small side
to feed all the whistles and bells.

That's how I've built mine to support a 914 installation. Other than the
boost pump the secondary system only  runs 'luxury' items like the
strobe and nav lights and a few electronic incidental items.

Tony