Re: Europa-List: Re: Sourcing a 24V battery

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Sourcing a 24V battery
From: Fred Fillinger <n3eu@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 19:18:09

> I have been looking for a dual battery system to insure that I don't
run out of sparks. I also wanted it to keep both batterys charged and
run on only one when necessary without me having to throw any
switches.

> Vaughn Teegarden
> N914VA

If this is for VFR only, I don't see the need for that kind of
complexity.  Browsers of the aeroelectric list on matronics.com will
know that the guru there (Nuckolls) is dogmatic in saying a
properly-designed, single electrical system is more than sufficient
for VFR.  Obviously, I agree, though others may not. ;-)

For IFR, and an EFIS w/o mechanical redundancy, I have an opinion some
may not want to hear!

Reg,
Fred F.