Re: Europa-List: Re: Sourcing a 24V battery, alternative?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Sourcing a 24V battery, alternative?
From: Jos Okhuijsen <josoke@ukolo.fi>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 20:43:15

> Another advantage to running two 12v batteries, in series, is that you
> can draw off either of the single batteries, individually, should you
> need only 12 volts...

Uneven discharge of 2 batteries in series will change their internal
resistance, result is that their lifetime will be greatly reduced by the
subsequent uneven charging of the cells.
Pfft what a sentence.. Hope it gives the picture though. <grin>
I will be going for 2 separate batteries and an extra generator each
driving part of the loads instead of the vacuumpump on the Rotax. This
will give me an independant electrical source to switch to for the
essential bus, if one of the battery-regulater-chargers would develop a
failure. Fully electrical with an efis is lighter, cheaper easier and
probably more reliable then a vacuumsystem too.

Regards,

Jos Okhuijsen