Re: RE : Europa-List: Carb Icing

Subject: Re: RE : Europa-List: Carb Icing
From: Terry Seaver <terrys@cisco.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 15:09:38

Hi Duncan,

I'm sorry, but I haven't really paid that much attention to the specific
temperature that could be used as a go/no-go threshold.  I do know we
still had problems starting when the temp was just below 50 degC (the
max readable on our carb temp gauge).  If I had to guess, I would say 35
degC might be a reasonable threshold.

I do know that what we have had carb ice, the carb temp has been in the
vicinity of +2 degC.

regards,
Terry