Re: RE : Europa-List: Carb Icing

Subject: Re: RE : Europa-List: Carb Icing
From: Terry Seaver <terrys@cisco.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 09:19:14

The 912S with XS cold air plenum can DEFINITELY get carb ice, don't
doubt it for a moment, both on the ground and in the air.  The Skydrive
carb heat clears the ice quickly once turned on.  We only turn it off
when we expect to do a hot start after a flight, letting the carbs cool
on the taxi to the ramp after landing.

Terry Seaver
A135 / N135TD

NEEL Jean Philippe wrote:

> No doubt: every system works!
> Why?Because I think 912 does not know carb icing. 600h flying in the alps in
summer and winter I never had icing troubles  at low descent rate (1000ft/min
max and 4000rpm mini.)