Re: Europa-List: Carb balancing - Differential presure gauage ?

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Carb balancing - Differential presure gauage ?
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 13:25:05

As we understand it this is basically correct.

Balance the engine at the operational RPM 4000-5000RPM. At this speed the
carbs should be feeding off the needle jets (as opposed to the main jets
which come into play at full throttle).

This usually leaves the carbs slightly out of balance at idle but any rough
running can be corrected using the mixture screws. The problem is adjusting
these while the engine is running. I have manufactured a tool that enables
me to connect a small socket spanner to the adjusting hex and turn the screw
without having to disconnect the carbs or remove the lower cowling.

Carl
G-LABS

From: "Richard Holder" <rholder@avnet.co.uk>