Re: Europa-List: Squeezing solid rivets

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Squeezing solid rivets
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 17:41:25

Fred,
           I guess the strength relates to the PFA requirement that if
anything jams the aileron or other control surface you should not be able to
break the control run with any force you could realistically apply to the
stick.
          I found it worked well for me to do initial squeezing in a large
vice and then finish off with a hammer and a concave mini anvil on the other
end.   Regards, David Joyce, G-XSDJ