Re: Europa-List: Squeezing solid rivets

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Squeezing solid rivets
From: Andrew Sarangan <asarangan@YAHOO.COM>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 09:40:28

Wow! Thanks for that pointer. I checked the manual updates in
europaowners.org, and found that it does mention a substitute pop
rivet. Great. But I am worried now how many such updates I may have
missed. Shouldn't Europa be distributing these updates to all builders?
I am wondering how Steve got these updates in the first place.

--- EuropaXSA276@aol.com wrote:

> Hello Andrew
> I tried to use a vise to squeeze the aileron cam rivets.  Some have
> used a
> punch, hammer and anvil. I did not like the results of the vise
> method.  In the
> end I wound up buying new cam and bearing parts from Europa AND the
> $130.00
> rivet squeezer from Spruce and starting over.
>
> As I remember the updated manual states that there is a type of pop
> rivet
> that is acceptable for this application.
>
> All the manual updates are on the Europa Owners site. Perhaps you can
> find
> the fastener number there and order from Spruce.
>
> Anyone know the fastener number for these pop rivets?
>

> Brian Skelly
> Texas
> Europa # A276 TriGear
> See My build photos at: