Re: Europa-List: Trigear Tires

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Trigear Tires
From: Mark Burton <markb@ordern.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 18:57:39

Hello Ira,

> I ordered Goodyear Flight Special II 6ply 500-5 and tubes from Desser for
> over $200. total.
> I will report back on the experience with these tires (although I hope it
> will take more than a year!!)
> Has anyone real-life experience with the other brands?

I fitted Goodyear Flight Custom III 6 ply main wheel tyres a year ago
to G-NEAT because the tyres supplied by Europa had worn out on the
outside in no time at all. The Goodyears are wearing much better after
about 100 hours flying. I also think the aircraft handles better on
the ground due to the more rigid sidewalls. They are inflated to 30
PSI.

Cheers,

Mark