RE: Europa-List: Trigear Tires

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Trigear Tires
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 19:32:32

Hi! Ira.
I've posted quite a lot of my like experiences. Suggest you look in the
archives.
The problem is due to excessive toe in.
IMHO it is likely to have been improved had the toe in design been
reduced to the bare minimum with the a/c having wings fitted ,1/4 tank
of fuel and an average Pilot weight in the P1 seat.
This factor is not only about tyre wear but also must have a major
effect on length of take off run due to the rolling drag involved.
I have considered a mod. to the gear leg securing bolt and the gear leg
socket but it will need some very clever and finite engineering and a
selection of some variable inserts to adjust the rotational location of
the gear legs and at present am galled at being on my third set not
withstanding the need to use incorrect size  tubes.
Of course the story goes......."no one else is having a problem, you
must have set yours up wrong!"""""......
Been there got the damn "Tee Shirt".....
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG Europa MKI/Jabiru 3300